You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Friday, December 26, 2008

Some photos from my province!

My house!




My little sister #1,Li-Di in the lap of my aunt next door





My little sister #2, Li-Ching, also lap-sitting in the hammock!





One of my two favorite neighbors' dogs, Amop





My kitten, Coconut--she's awesome.




My big host sister and I



Li-Di with her happy face on





The stairs to get to my part of the house!




From here on...shots of my part of the house upstairs. This and the next two are of my sitting area.









This is the door to get out to my little porch!





Looking through my beads...



View from my porch!



More from the porch.



My bedroom




The khmer shirt I had made to attend ceremonies (and weddings, until I have a dress made...)

4 comments:

catharine said...

your room looks amazingly tidy!!! Nothing like the dorm rooms I remember.... Your little sisters are adorable and it looks like you and your friends are having a great time. The beach looks awesome. It's 45 degrees and raining here....

neruotom said...

We want you to write some more. We want more than just photos.

Sarah said...

I second your Daddy's idea about writing more!

I love love love your room/the porch and love love love the Khmer shirt you had made; it is so beautiful!!!

hugs and kisses

Unknown said...

Hey Lauren. This is Zac Hill...I got your blog address from the Shea. No idea if you remember me; my universe was always sort of tangent to yours in high school, but you were always spoken-about--and not in whispers--by voices who were proud to relate your narrative. It's good to hear about you. I'm currently working in Malaysia for a year on a Luce Fellowship--FOI policy and citizen-journalist training/activism--and aside from the other Fellows I don't really have the pleasure of hearing from very many people who are doing something comparable. So it's good to witness those perspectives, to participate (if nothing else simply by *identifying*) in similar realities.

One of the Scholars, Anne Gan, is stationed in Siem Reap if you ever need a contact point there. She's working in art conservation, specifically on the temple facade at Angkor.

Anyway, I'll conclude the ambush, but it's great to hear from you :)

-Zac