You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Saturday, November 1, 2008

last photos from training



Photo of the people interviewing me at the swearing-in ceremony October 5



Another interview photo woooo



My host mom and I the last day I was there, at the market right before we left. So sad times.



L to R: Sutjeeah, Sutjeeah's little sister who is also my friend, my friend Sovanni Lai, and I



Sutjeeah and I at her house the day before I left




Sutjeeah's sister (Greg's Bong Sarai/Host Sister) and I



A big Cambodian gecko called 'Tuck Gai,'because that's the sound it makes. One used to live in my room in our training village and wake me up in the middle of the night with its antics. But apparently having one in your bedroom brings you good health.



My host mom and I! She is the BEST.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you look really happy! i hope your getting more to eat than rice and frog now. i miss you so much! daddy and i are talking about visiting you this summer. i tried to call you a couple of times but it never works :( and you dont have an answering machine. anyway ill just keep trying. LAMELF!!

Sarah said...

Lauren you look so adorable in these pics! You're so...caucasian it's great. Haha.

Miss you!!!!!!!!!

Annabelle said...

Hi. This is great to hear from you again. You are looking well, are you getting better eats? Not much new, I went to DC for Holloween and last night a GPAC to see Dave Brubeck. He was amazing..88 yo. Susan nad friend are all that ae coming for Thanksgiving. Family is shrinking. We all miss you. Take care of yourself...lots of love,
Grandma